So yesterday I saw a friend that I had not seen in months. The last time I saw her we had a falling out of sorts. Yah - it got ugly. Words were said and feelings were hurt. I thought for a time that I never knew this person at all. I was defensive. I was hurt. I was angry.
Then after was a very short time, I was sorry. I was angry this time at myself.
I can not tell you how many friendships over the course of my 34 year life I have seen destroyed over what now seems like meaningless things. We are so quick to anger, judge, be rude and nasty. Even if we are sorry about it later our pride can get in the way and that relationship is over even if we wanted to change things.
I let God into my life 8 years ago. He has been working on me for so long and I am stubborn. This time I admitted that I was wrong. I asked for forgiveness. I said that I was so sorry. I said that I was wrong for what I had said. I admitted my actions were ugly. I did all the things that most of us hate to do.
And I would do it all over again to save what is really important. Relationship.
Last night I got the best most wonderful hug from someone that I so loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment