Saturday, January 3, 2009

Putting the kids to bed....

When I became a mom, I never gave much thought to how I would put the kids to bed. I think that if it were possible to go back in time and have a "do-over", I think that I may have done things differently. I know that I can change things now, and I am, but oh to know what I know now back then.

First I would have stuck to my guns and when I said it's bed-time, to have meant it. I am such a push-over to tears and cries and "will you lay down with me" and "I am scared".....

Second, the kids would have NEVER had a TV placed into their rooms. Now that was a BAD idea. I meant it for good, like when they were sick or something. What turned out as a once and a while turned into every night!!! (I have just removed the TVs and we are still in the "detox" period)

I would like to think that having done the mom thing for 7 years now, that I would have a clue...

Not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment